Thursday, April 16, 2009

Some old....some new!

I thought I would post a couple of pics of some of my weavings I have done in the past. These were probably done nearly a year ago.......and I haven't had much time to weave for a while, but it is great fun.


I am a simple weaver......basically self taught from a book, but I love to mix the colours and the textures. I think if I tried anything complicated.......I wouldn't do it. I tell everyone I can't knit (and honestly......I can't knit properly)....I have this one needle sticking inbetween my legs and am all thumbs and fingers.....but I can create something.....noticed I didn't say something 'good'! But hats are always useful now.....aren't they??


This was a friends wedding present. She lives in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, about 600km from Perth and 400km from the beach...hence the desert colours in her piece. Never got a thank you...........so don't know if she liked it..........maybe the lack of thanks was the key to my question??

The Buskers Street Festival was on, in Fremantle over the Easter long weekend. We found a great balloon artist, who made the boys a balloon wristlet and this is little Taj's. We call him 'Buggy' and he is just gorgeous. Taj has dragged "Buggy" around for days now and he is till going strong. That was a good $3 spent.


Whilst walking to Bunnings on Easter Mondy, I found these great flowers, blooming on the side of the road....and I mean literally the side of the road.....so a couple followed me home. Don't you hate it when they do that???






No comments:

Post a Comment