Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Feltastic Day

Another of my little creations. Merino with two types of silk. I don't tend to use a lot of silk and fabrics, as I felt my work so much...not my fault really....it's the hot hands!These are some of my little vessels, which I have woven with some natural grasses. I love doing these little things when I am bored....or some nice person has given me something great to play with.

This little guy was woven on my Cervantes weekend. I collected the dune grass from the beach at Ledge Point.....kids needed a break on the trip up.......and then sat and wove him, whilst the kids watched.

Ned is looking a bit different now......I kept changing the stitching on him about 5 times....but once I committed to doing the crewel work....there was no turning back. So I had to keep going. Kai still thinks that he is a letterbox with eyes though!!




A good pic of my rug/wall hanging. You can see some of the stitch work on it.....it will eventually be covered....will take some time though!






1 comment:

  1. What wonderful creations!! I love Kai's interpretation of Ned!!! the rug is lucious- my favorite color ways!!!!
    Just stunning and I love the grass baskets!! CLEVER YOU!!
    Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete