Monday, February 8, 2010

Biting off more than one can chew.......

Oh my friends, I do fear that I am biting off more than I can choose.....but I see it as a challenge. Check back with me in a month or two.

At the end of last year I was a bit lost....actually very lost. Not knowing what to do with myself, not caring that much either. I met with Elizabeth James Taylor and wonderful artist here in Perth and before I knew it, I had applied to Curtin Uni to study textiles. I didn't know exactly what I was doing......but after an interview on the 6th of Jan.....I received an acceptance letter on January 20th.

I am now enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts Textiles at Curtin University for 2010 (part time). We just had our info session and I was only planning on attempting 2 units, but have enrolled in 3!! I am either insane or am up for the challenge. Lee Anne Davis, who is another textile artist and only lives a suburb away (is a fabulous felter and teaching at Ballarat this year), is also doing the course, but full time. Her kids are older than mine.

This time around I can honestly say I am a matured aged student. When I did my teaching degree I was 23 and classified as mature aged......boy were they wrong! So now, I can happily say that I have studied at university in my 20's, 30's and 40's (if I make it to July).

Uni starts March 1st. Wish me luck....I just hope I can get the kids to the right place and me too....not to mention remembering to collect everyone at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment